WONG TEW KIAT
CBCP, Associate Fellow BCI, CITBCM(S), COMIT(S), CITPM(S), Fellow Member of SCS
With more than 30 years of experience in Business Continuity, Crisis Response, Incident Response, Emergency Management, Pandemic Preparedness, IT Disaster Recovery, Data Centre Infrastructure & Operations Management of 100,000sqft and Data Centre Risk Management.
He had served as the President for the Business Continuity Chapter, an industry chapter in Singapore Computer Society from 2005 – 2008 and 2010 – 2011 and started the first Annual BCM Conference organised by the Business Continuity Chapter. In addition, he chaired the CITBCM (Certification in IT Business Continuity Management) Resource Panel to develop the Body of Knowledge for the CITBCM. He currently chairs the CITBCM Board of Assessors.
He is appointed by the Singapore Computer Society as the authorised training provider for the CITBCM Certification Course. Till to-date he has trained up to 100 professionals being CITBCM Certified, including professionals from Indonesia and Thailand.
He is an Associate Fellow of Business Continuity Institute – UK, Certified Business Continuity Professional of Disaster Recovery Institute, International – USA and a frequent public speaker for Business Continuity Management in Singapore and China.
He is also a member of the Benchmarking Advisory Board members with the BC Management – USA.
He had also served as the Senior Consultant with the China Business Continuity Management (CBCM) in Beijing and conducted numerous BCM, ITDR and Data Centre courses in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
Besides conducting courses in China, he had also conducted numerous BCM and ITDR courses in Taipei in Mandarin.
- Chairman, Data Centre Special Interest Group of Singapore Computer Society since 2018
- Certified Business Continuity Professional – Disaster Recovery Institute, International(USA) since 1997
- Associate Fellow Member of Business Continuity Institute – UK since 2005
- Fellow Member, Singapore Computer Society since 2012
- Chairman, Data Centre Special Interest Group (DC SIG) of Singapore Computer Society since 2019
- Past President of the Business Continuity Group (BCG), an industry chapter of Singapore Computer Society for 5 years (2005 – 2007 and 2010-2011/12)
- Chairman, Board of Assessor for CITBCM (Certification in IT BCM), Singapore Computer Society
- Committee Member with IDA to develop industry standards SS507 – DR/BC Service Providers in 2004
- Member of the NICF Data Centre Management Technical Committee with IDA in 2009
- Individual Capacity with SPRING Singapore for SS540 BCM Standards
- Individual Capacity with SPRING Singapore for ISO22301 BCM Standards in 2012
- Senior Consultant to China BCM (Beijing) Federation of IT Promotion Board to initiate Business Continuity Management in China since 2004
- Recipient of the Asian BCM Life Time Achievement Awards in 2008
- Distinguished speaker in more than 50 BCM conferences locally and regionally